Agralan Slug Control Nematodes
Control Slugs in your Garden with Agralan Slug Nematodes
- Contains the parasitic nematode Phasmarhabditis hermaphrodita
- Effective in a temperature range between 5 °C and 30 °C
- Fast control
- Long-term protection against soil-dwelling slugs
- No side effects on beneficials
- Safe for people and environment
- Grey field slug (Deroceras reticulatum)
- Brown field slug (Deroceras panormitanum)
- Arion spp. (less than 1 gram)
- Carinaria (Milax spp)
- Greenhouse slug (Lehmannia valentiana)
- Small snails (living in the substrate)
How does it control pests?
Infectious juvenile nematodes search for soil-dwelling slugs. They penetrate their prey through the respiratory opening under the mantle. An infected slug stops eating after two days and shows a typical swelling of the mantle.
These nematodes are hermaphroditic and self-fertilising, which causes them to produce hundreds of off spring.
When the snail starts to decompose, a new generation of nematodes disperses in search of their next prey.