Remin Testimonials

I had been reading about rock dust for a few years prior to my family getting a farm.  Rock dust was being researched for more than 100 years all over the world as the best fertiliser for the soil, as a healing remedy for the land, plants and animal, and as a substance that can protect from radiation and toxic chemicals.

So, when we got a farm, we started using REMIN volcanic rock dust (REMIN) immediately.   We mixed it with the horse manure / woodchip compost that we make on the farm and we used this mixture for planting some 1,000 trees and bushes on our land.   As we started growing vegetables, we used the same mixture in our gardens.   We practice no-dig or no-till gardening, where we build beds out of mixture of compost and REMIN and plant seed into this mixture.

Our land was conventionally farmed with chemicals for some 100 years before we bought it.  There was virtually no topsoil left to speak of.   The land was severely damaged.  After only eight years of natural regenerative organic farming this plot of land is now unrecognisable!

The trees are growing beautifully, and our orchards are giving us a good crop of fruit, walnuts and hazelnuts.  Our vegetable gardens provide plenty of vegetables for us, our volunteers, and our animals.   We fill 4 large chest freezers with berries every year. Our birds, animals and bees are thriving. Our pastures are getting better every year, particularly when we have enough compost with REMIN to spread over the fields.

Dr Natasha


I bought my first tonne of volcanic rock dust 10 years ago as an interested but somewhat sceptical amateur gardener and set up some trials. I planted rows of BEETROOT, CARROTS and ONIONS and applied it to half of each row.   Results persuaded me to buy a tonne of REMIN in 2014.   Since then I have not looked back and consider myself a 100% REMIN convert.   REMIN does not need applied every year and right now I am getting 2 tonnes, purchased March 2019 onto my crops.   If your soil and compost is not performing as well as you would like, then I strongly recommend you give REMIN a go.



 On this “Discovering the Secrets of REMIN” journey, every so often amazing stories turn up – and this one competes for top position!   Keith Woodhead, a “hobby gardener from West Yorkshire” has 4 allotment plots with 2 greenhouses where he grows 90% of his produce and the other 10% is grown in the small garden around his house.   It turns out Keith is also a Chef trained in Indian cooking.

Keith has been growing on this same ground for 15 years and 5 years ago he started using REMIN.   The improvement was so significant he had the confidence to purchase a 1 tonne pallet at the start of 2018. 

Keith Woodhead


PUMPKINS: I’ve grown big PUMKINS for a few years now to see the kids faces when I put a massive carved PUMPKIN out at Halloween.   Prior to 2014 my best had been 120lb, a decent size compared to the average weight of a supermarket one approx. 10lb.

2014 saw me growing a couple of plants on a REMIN volcanic rock-dusted patch.  The plants grew away almost out of control with some of the vines growing up to 30ft long.  Again, as with the POTATOES and CORN they were a talking point at the allotment site, especially as the fruits started to grow and swell.   I had four PUMPKINS that beat my previous personal best, the biggest two where 236lb and 303lb.   The local rag also came and got a story and photos and duly published it!



I have grown LEEKS all my life and in 2015 I won the award for growing the World’s Largest Leek at the Malvern Show. My winning LEEK weighed in at 23lb 6oz / 10.6kg.

For my win my main soil improvers were calcified seaweed and REMIN volcanic rock dust. I used 10 ounces per square yard / 250g per square metre – of REMIN. I forked it into the top 3 inches of my trenches in March which is 6 weeks before I transplant the young LEEKS into the trenches.
I planted 7 rows of LEEKS but only had enough REMIN volcanic rock dust for 6 rows. It became clear during the rest of the year that the LEEKS with the REMIN were bigger, healthier and greener than the row without.
Back in the age of the dinosaurs everything was bigger so something must have made the difference. Maybe it was healthier soil that was richer in minerals and trace elements. Either way, I am giving REMIN volcanic rock dust a go again this year!

Paul Rochester, County Durham